Paul Olson founded Liggett Companies in 1995, after working at Horace Mann Insurance for 20 years. The decision to form an independent agency came after many years of gained experience and an understanding of how to better serve clients through choice in coverage.
In 2009, Micah Olson, Paul’s eldest son, joined the agency as an independent agent. Paul and Micah quickly learned that their approach to helping people aligned perfectly. In 2013, Paul and Micah decide to rebrand the agency as Minnesota Lakes Insurance.
Micah assumed ownership of Minnesota Lakes Insurance in December, 2018. Paul continues to work as a trusted advisor to Minnesota Lakes Insurance.
Minnesota Lakes Insurance is based in Plymouth, Minnesota, and proudly serves Minnesota and Wisconsin residents. Our clients are spread across both states with large concentrations in the Twin Cities, Brainerd lakes area and the North Shore.
Why Choose Us
Not all insurance is the same. Choosing the right agency can make a big difference – in price, service and value.
With other agencies, you might get one company that sells one brand of insurance. With an independent insurance agency like Minnesota Lakes Insurance, you get choices. Why? Because independent insurance agencies, like us, represent a number of different insurance companies. As a result, we are able to compare coverage and prices to find the best possible value for your individual circumstance.
We serve Minnesota and Wisconsin residents. We’re based in Plymouth, Minnesota, and are proud members of the Twin Cities community. We’re committed to doing business face-to-face with residents in our service area, and are pleased to be your insurance advocate.
Here are a few reasons why Minnesota Lakes Insurance should be your first, and last, stop when you’re looking for insurance:
- We are not beholden to any one company. This means you don’t have to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change. When your current policy no longer fits your needs, we will help you find a better fit with one of our companies.
- We are your advocates and will work with you as you determine your needs.
- We are value-hunters who seek to find you the best combination of price, coverage and service.
- We offer one-stop shopping for a full range of products, including: home, condominium, renters, auto, umbrella, boat, motorcycle, business, life insurance and more.
- We are licensed professionals with strong community ties.
- We will periodically review your coverage to keep up with your changing insurance needs.
- We are committed to customer satisfaction.
- We are real people just like you and will treat you like a person, not a number.
There is a difference. To find out how our independent insurance agency can help you find the right insurance coverage, please contact us. Minnesota Lakes Insurance is here to help you today!
WHAT WE OFFER
Minnesota Lakes Insurance offers a variety of quality products to our customers, including:
Micah Olson is an agent and owner of Minnesota Lakes Insurance. He started with Minnesota Lakes Insurance in 2009, then took ownership in December of 2018. His favorite part of the business is interacting with people to help them find quality insurance coverage at a fair price.
When Micah isn’t working, he enjoys spending time with his family. He also has a great passion for the outdoors; he loves to fish and hunt in his spare time.
Micah lives in Plymouth, Minnesota, with his wife, Jen, and their two children, Max and Isla.
Paul Olson serves as a trusted advisor to Minnesota Lakes Insurance. Paul began his career in the insurance industry with Horace Mann Insurance in May 1976. In 1995, he started his own independent insurance agency, which later evolved into Minnesota Lakes Insurance.
Paul enjoys walking the grounds of his property and taking care of the horses and chickens he owns. He is an accomplished woodworker and has created beautiful furniture and many other projects. He also loves to spend time in his fishing boat with his two sons.
Paul lives in Farmington, Minnesota, with his wife, Pam. He has six lovable grandchildren.